The chapel is now known as the Lady Chapel and lucklily survived the fire which destroyed most of the main church in 1977. It was designed by Sir Ninian Comper, (1864-1960) an Anglo-Catholic Scottish architect who went into partnership with Bucknall in 1888, having previously been articled to Charles Kemp and later George Bodley and Tanner from 1883-1887. This is one of his early works in Gothic style. He is well-known for re-introducing the English altar with riddle posts.
Before the chapel could be consecrated, seats had to be removed in the main church to enable a passage to be made direct to the chapel and a staircase from the church was built. The original stairs were going to be very windy but that plan had to be abandoned as it was too expensive. There was an initial concern that the stairs were very white and conspicuous but it was noted that ‘happily or unhappily, things don’t take long to get dirty in London’. 
The following report was published in the parish magazine of June 1893,  but the consecration was on a contrastingly different scale from that of the opening of Clergy House:
‘The chapel of Clergy House was consecrated on Saturday May 27th, at 8am, by the Lord Bishop of Marlborough. The delay had been long owing to some ground having to be conveyed to the Ecclesiastical Commissioners [now the Church Commssioners].
‘We should have liked to invite parishioners and others who have so liberally contributed to it at various times towards it, but as it was impossible to ask more than a very few persons owing to the small space, we were quite unable to so so’.