The Revd William Turle was the second incumbent of St Matthew’s and was the eldest son of James Turle, who was an organist at Westminster Abbey.
He studied at New College, Oxford, and graduated with a BA in 1851 and MA in 1855. He was priested by the Bishop of London in the same year. He held a curacy at the parish church of St John the Evangelist, London, from 1854-66. He was later vicar of Horsel, near Woking. 
During his incumbency, the Revd William Turle was assisted by the following priests: The Revds. C A Solbe, W Weddall, H White, T F Jerwood, G Barrow, Evelyn Gardiner, W Erskine, G Gent, G Barrett, and R Sinclair. 
The Mission House
In 1874, a mission was held at St Matthew’s. In 1876, a specially built mission hall was designed by Ernest Lee, and built in Chadwick Street. It was officially opened by the Duke of Westminster on 13 July 1876. It was a two storey building and consisted of a large mission room with several smaller rooms. The building was renovated at a later date and re-named the Trevelyan Hall after the Revd William Trevelyan.
A drawing of the ‘Mission House’ was featured in the Building News of August 11th, 1876 and can be seen here.